Thursday, March 2, 2017

Wonder Woman Cat Cape


I came across this size extra small Wonder Woman scrub top at our local thrift store.  I am on the other end of the size chart for my scrub tops, but I just had to have this for material to work with.



So I brought it home and did some deconstructing of the top. I saved the pockets for a future project and any other left over material was turned into various sized squares for future quilts. I did however try and make the front red material into a good sized piece with the Wonder Woman symbol being the main focus.

This project only took me about 30 minutes and it was mainly deconstructing and sewing the snap that took the longest.  I also didn't have any regular snaps, and I couldn't find my velcro AGAIN, but I did have some of those fancy slide clasps that you see in fancy mens dress pants. So I used that instead and  my cat has been giving me a whole new look of promised retribution because he can't figure out how to get it undone to be free. (success!)

Anyway, here is the picture of the finished cat cape. Yes, our oldest cat is a boy, but our youngest cat which is a girl, won't hold still for us to put it on. So our older male cat is learning that his laziness causes him to be the test subject.


0 comments:

Post a Comment