Thursday, March 2, 2017

Table Runner -- In a Wine Theme for the win!

I recently have been redoing my kitchen and incorporating "Wine" as the theme.

Right now, all I have added is a wine rack, a wine glass, and wine bottles.  Well, the wine bottles that are left after making this current project!





I had watched a video tutorial on YouTube from the Missouri Star Quilt Company featuring the "quilt as you go" method.  I found some material at our local second hand store that was wine themed and snatched those pieces up! I followed the tutorial and made a good sized mat for my kitchen table. When I am sewing I can use it under my sewing machine so the machine won't scratch the table top.


For the binding, I made it myself by sewing strips together. It is shown on one side, but the other side was too busy looking for my taste already so I did just the straight stitch on that side. Yes it isn't perfect, but as a beginner, I think it came out fairly decent. I patted myself on the back, grabbed one of the bottles of wine, and celebrated with a glass.












This project only took me a few hours to do, but I am sure that experienced quilters and sewing fanatics could probably have it finished in an hour.


0 comments:

Post a Comment